Re: [Evolution] STILL no compose window - SOLVED.

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 06:45:56PM -0500, Michael Leone wrote:
OK, so I've downloaded the updated gtkhtml-devel RPM, since I had the
"Compose" crash after updating to 0.8.

Now, several hours later, there iare also bonobo and bonobo-devel
updated RPMs available.

And now, I can finally use the "Compose" feature.

Somehow, the updates did not come out as a group.  So the 1st update
did nothing. When I had all 3 updated packages, everything started
working.

As another poster commented, Helix REALLY needs to make sure that this
type of thing doesn't happen again. That the release versions are fully
tested (using the proposed release RPMs, the way a standard user -
i.e., not someone who compiles from CVS - would install them), and that
the fix works (and is issued with all necessary components).

Our Evolution RPMS are not included with the rest of Helix GNOME for a
reason. They are not supported in any way, and are provided only as a
convenience to our users. Our priority is to keep Helix GNOME running
smoothly.

That said, I'm sorry that the 0.8 RPMS were broken as shipped. We do
our best to keep things running. I'm actually pretty pleased that
someone found the time over the weekend to get this fixed. Let us know
if anything else ends up being a problem.

Peter