Re: [Evolution] A few questions, comments, problems

[comments below]

2- I tried the new GPG support in evolution.  Works great for encrypted
messages,
will it (or can it already) verify signatures?  Yesterday someone on the
list
said that there is a problem with the openssl license preventing its use
with
evolution.  Is there such problems with the open source PKI stuff from
Mozilla?
(I think it is under the MPL)
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/
Could this code be reused?

Evolution currently can't verify signatures or encrypt outgoing messages,
at some point this will be possible though.
I'm not sure we could use the PKI stuff from Mozilla because of their
licensing (can't link to MPL'd code - see Galeon's issues with linking to
MPLd code)

Actually, that's not true for the PKI project. The Netscape Security
Services (NSS) project provides all the appropriate crypto (excepting
RSA until 20-Sept, then it will be implemented) necessary for SSL v2,
v3, and TLS. Additionally, their S/MIME v3 library (implemented on-top
of NSS) will also help with X.509 certificates, etc.

Both the NSS and S/MIME libraries are dual licensed under MPL and GPL.
See
http://www.mozilla.org/crypto-faq.html#1-3 for more details.

-j

--
Joseph F. Dries III
President, DCsquared Inc.

 6th century scholar Dionysius Exiguus designated the initial epoch
 Anni Domini Nostri Jesu Christi. Gregorian calendar years are counted
 from AD 1 despite the belief that Christ was born a few years before
 AD 1. By extrapolation we find that the 20th century comprises the
 years AD 1901-2000. Therefore, the 21st century will begin with
 1 January 2001 and continue through 31 December 2100.
   -- http://aa.usno.navy.mil/AA/faq/docs/millennium.html