Re: [Evolution] Preliminary list of feature requests [Long]

Thats on the drawing board to change somewhat anyway, and
is also tied to other features like filtering outgoing
messages/saving sent messages etc.

Messages will be spooled rather than sent immediately 9although
of cfourse maybe there will be both options).

What hapens is the compose window hangs around, and evolution will not
respond until sendmail has done it's DNS lookup (netscape is the same).
Normally this takes about one tenth of a second, but on a dial up when
off line it has to dialup for the DNS.  I guess having it (compose) run
as a seperate process will sort it out, and hide the window when the
send button is pressed...

I believe sendmail can be configured to accept the messsage before doing
it's lookup and I will suss that out one day, but a newbie who basically
has trouble finding the powerswitch will probably think Evolution has
crashed...