Re: [Evolution] Preliminary list of feature requests [Long]

On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, Tom Musgrove wrote:
[snip]

Feature: Seamless GnuPG, PGP and other encryption support
automatic encryption to users which have GnuPG or GPG enabled.
Requested by: Numerous people

decryption was is already working and I've started working on encryption
today. I've got GnuPG encryption working but I haven't started PGP5 and
PGP2 yet. Also, there's no GUI hooks to allow encryption but as soon as
there is, it should be easy to have outgoing messages encrypted (and
optionally signed).

I'm guessing that we should also have an interface to just pgp sign an
outgoing message? I also assume verify would be important...

I think what we're gonna have to do to finish PGP encryption is have some
way to query a recipients PGP identity instead of trying that user's email
address and hoping that it works :-)
Even though this method works (because pgp allows specifying a user based
on email address), a user may not always associate his email address with
his pgp key. This means that we'll have to have some hooks into the contact
manager... Chris?

I'm also not quite clear as to the best GUI way for doing PGP encryption,
signing, and verification
anyone have suggestions?

Jeff