Re: [Evolution] Bounce/remail command

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Clayton L. Scott wrote:

OK I'll bite.
Could you explain why you use bounce instead of forward?
I used it a fair bit in pine long time ago, but only because it didn't forward
right.

      1) To redirect mail that shouldn't have gone to me in the
       first place in a manner that removes me from the loop so I
       never have to deal with it again.

              - I use this a lot where I work since I seem to get a
               lot of generic inquiries that I don't need or want to
               deal with once its gone. If I forward these e-mails
               I'm set up as the automatic reply-to which a serious
               pain because for some reason my co-worker like to
               reply to me so I can reply to the original person.

              That's why I use bounce.

  Ditto on that.  I also use it to transfer e-mails from one account to
another, the advantage being that in the second account, it doesn't look
like all the bounced messages came from me (as it would if I forwarded).
  Basically, bounce is a "must have" feature, one that would make or break
Evolution for me.  I don't care if I have to go into config to turn it on,
but if bounce isn't there, I'll stick to using Pine.  And I think there
are others who feel the same way.

-Jeffrey

                 Jeffrey P. Lanza <jpl alumni unh edu>
Computer Science Department             ResNet Second-Level Support
Engineering and Physical Sciences       Computing and Information Services
University of New Hampshire             603-862-4242, questions unh edu