Re: [Evolution] Status of Gnome-pim?

The problem occurs because gnome-pim has this wonderful misfeature where
appending from another file changes your default card catalog name to that
of the file you appended from. (So, when I append all my vCards from
Outlook -- you know, the ones that default to the name of the person? --
this bites me in the butt.) There are other problems with gnome-pim as
well, some with the import section of vCards. Before I put more time into
tracking the problems down, I figured I'd ask whether the effort would be
worthwhile or not.

vCard code from gnomecard is not going to be reused.

But even then, if you want to "append" stuff into a vcard file, you
should not use "cat".  You should follow the spec.

Miguel.