Re: [Evolution] evolution folder layout (Off-topic)

Ray Lee wrote:

: When an application creates files that make
: "find . -type f | xargs grep foo" not work, I don't
: switch to another OS, I switch to another application.

Try
  find . -type f | xargs -i grep foo '{}'
instead.

You're just chasing the problem around: touch "foo'bar".
"xargs: unmatched single quote".  We can play this game all day.

(Also it's way slower, since it does the exec for each file
instead of chunking.)

But the point is, I don't want to have to fight this battle
over and over again.  If you don't name files stupidly, then
people don't have to think about this problem.

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

Well, then make sure all your files in evolution dont contain spaces.
Should be an easy task.

That's an adequate solution, but if you'll recall, we got here by
talking about what the *default* and/or built-in file names for
things are, e.g., "My_foo", versus "My-Foo" versus "My Foo".

--
Jamie Zawinski
jwz jwz org             http://www.jwz.org/