Re: [Evolution-hackers] Support for Autocrypt?

On Wed, 2018-01-03 at 01:55 +0100, Ángel wrote:
- Adding a UI option of "encrypt with autocrypt" (?)
- Figure out how and where to implement in the composer the option to
encrypt or not, it needs querying the autocrypt backend in order to
show
a state of enabled/available but discouraged/unavailable. Which
itself
depends on the current recipients.

If you'd like to review a hack, a nasty, crufty, but pretty GUI hack of
the gpg binary (please god don't do this):

https://inkscape.org/en/paste/11864/

It's a python script that wraps Evolution's call out to gpg to ask the
keyserver for possible keys. Shows them in a GUI and adds them to a
user's keyring.

You might be able to play with something similar to figure out your
workflow and then code it properly. A plugable encryption setup would
be pretty sweet in evolution, especially if it was kind enough to other
Free Software email clients to be compatible with them all.

I'd have edited evolution itself, but as an Ubuntu user evolution
development is very hard for us and I was never able to get it to
build.

Best Regards, Martin Owens
Destroyer of Security