Re: [Evolution-hackers] Support for Autocrypt?

On 2018-01-02 12:45, Milan Crha wrote:
On Mon, 2017-12-18 at 21:25 +0100, Anna Marei wrote:
What about Evoulution?

thus there's a problem with interoperability (at the moment)
and basically no use for it in corporate environments (read: with
Outlook users)

Pitching it as a chicken and egg problem is a bit absurd when a user hands you an egg.

Autocrypt is just a MIME header so clients that don't understand it will ignore it. The failure case is handled by the specification and so there's no real inter-operability problem here.

Outlook has never taken up PGP - because S/MIME has always been pitched as the corporate secure email solution. But that shouldn't stop everyone else deploying it (and thus encouraging them to support it anyway).

I'm busy with other projects unfortunately or I'd find the time to help Evolution implement it.

- Philip