Re: [Evolution-hackers] WebKit port of the composer

On Fri, 2012-06-01 at 16:49 +0200, Daniel Vratil wrote:
> If you have any special wish (I bet Andre will come with many feature requests
> from bugzilla :P ) you'd like to have in the new composer, please share them
> now. Regarding features, I want to make exact copy of GtkHTMLEditor and only
> fix the most annoying GtkHTML issues, all crazy ideas will be deferred for 3.8
> :)

Fixing some of the brokenness of the To/Cc/Bcc headers in the composer
would be wonderful.

Try this in the current composer:
 1. Paste or enter this address into the To: header, exactly as follows:
    Woodhouse, David <David Woodhouse intel com>

 2. Click somewhere *outside* the To: header entry box.

 3. "Realise" that the name is stupidly backwards and contains a stupid
    comma that shouldn't be in an RFC5322 display-name. (Yay Exchange)

    display-name so it looks like
    "Woodhouse, David" <David Woodhouse intel com>

 5. Click somewhere outside the entry, again.

 6. Watch the address magically transform itself to nonsense:
    "Woodhouse, David" <David woodhouse intel com>, David <David woodhouse intel com>

In the past when our message *display* also gratuitously screwed with
display-names to *remove* the quotes which were necessary to make them
correct, this used to happen quite a lot when addresses were cut and
pasted.

We should also be able to send a mail with the following headers: