Re: [Evolution-hackers] Multiple child-addressbooks under an account

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 19:49 +0100, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
> On 01/21/2011 06:30 PM, Kirk Wolff wrote:
> > Is there a way to add child-addressbooks under an addressbook account
> > with evolution's GUI? I don't see any current implementations that have
> > a 'tree' of addressbooks under an addressbook plugin type. As I see it,
> > there are plugins for setting up an addressbook, but not for displaying
> > and organizing them. It seems the presentation (the left-hand column
> > list) of addressbooks is fixed. Is there a simple way to add and
> > maintain a tree in the list of addressbooks?
> I don't see any special benefit for this feature.

The use case seems *obvious* to be; especially for WebDAV address books
since WebDAV supports hierarchical collections [although
CalDAV/CardDAV/GroupDAV all place restrictions on how child collections
can be structured].

If you have multiple server-side collections of contacts you currently
have to define multiple addressbooks rather than just one that can
expand to list the collections - even supporting descending a single
level of collections would be *very* useful.

> I will campaign
> rather for child-tasks (sub-tasks) where completion of each child task
> sums up the percentage progress for the parent/container task

This really seems like a server-side issue to me.  The issue really is
there is no way standard way to specify a hierarchy of tasks in either
UI or in the representation [VTODO] so I think that would be a
special/custom plugin.  But if you right one I'll support it in my
server because it would be very useful.  In the same manner there is no
way to deal with delegation.