Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution calendar backend

On Sat, 2011-01-22 at 10:57 -0600, Kirk Wolff wrote:
> Hello,
> I've been digging through calendar's webdav backend

The calendar is CalDAV [it uses REPORT methods]; a descendant of WebDAV.

> code and found that
> there's special handling of calendar items (components) that have
> the same UID.  Under what circumstances would two calendar items
> have both the same UID and href?

I suppose this could happen in the case of editing a recurrence [I don't
specifically know how evolution internally handles recurrences;  but I
work on a CalDAV server and ... man, are recurring events in iCal/CalDAV
stupid and a pain].