Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: Strange console messages when accessing e-d-s through the libecal C API

On 8/24/05, Not Zed <notzed ximian com> wrote:

> Duh, of course.  You can't just 'run it once'.  It has to keep running.
> i.e. all your code has to run *under* that stack point, or if not, that
> stack point has to keep running whilst you run things in other threads.

I guess I need much more reading on Glib ;-). I've tried to put the
get_all_appointment call inside the idle callback (which meas it will
be called after the bonobo_main call) but it still prints the message,
I guess I need to read on some "Hello World" tutorial on GLib.

> You don't have a choice of 'not using listeners', they are used
> internally by the e-* api's.
>
> It may be possible to run the main loop in another thread though, i
> guess; that would just be used as the return-invocation.  I'm not sure
> how reliable that would be with ruby though (or with the eds api's for
> that matter).

I just found this post
http://lists.ximian.com/pipermail/evolution-hackers/2004-February/002729.html
which seems to indicate that eds already runs a bonobo_main loop
internally just for the case of programs that don't' use async api.
It seems to use another thread running a bonobo_main loop, maybe this
loop is the one giving us the problem?

Cheers,
  V. Seguí