Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: Strange console messages when accessing e-d-s through the libecal C API

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 18:12 +0200, vseguip gmail com wrote:
> Hi Michael,

> >         Nah - I mean why other C apps are not seeing the message - why doesn't
> > eg. 'evolution' itself see it.

My original reply said this was probably because the code isn't running
in a main loop.  It therefore has no proper way to handle idle-processed
return corba calls if they come in after an invocation returns.  I think
the eds objects use idle-return processing for its calls, not threads.

I got the same problem when i was testing the mail-remote api from a
simple client, until i ran things in a mainloop.  This started when i
added listener objects and they started being called.

I don't think it's a bug in the code so much as a mis-use of it.