Re: [Evolution-hackers] Strange console messages when accessing e-d-s through the libecal C API.

On 8/23/05, vseguip gmail com <vseguip gmail com> wrote:
> On 8/23/05, Not Zed <notzed ximian com> wrote:
> >
> > I found i got crashes eventually.
> >
> > You may want to ask Michael Meeks <michael meeks novell com> about the
> > errors, and say i sent you there - i might be on the wrong track
> > afterall.
> >
> Thanks a lot, I will send a copy of what he has to say to the list
> just in case anybody else needs it.
>
> > AFAIK you will have problems if your binding can't run from within a
> > bonobo-main anyway.
>
> Well I guess that will be bad news for language bindings developers,
> but maybe something can be done by forcing the programmer to tun a
> bonobo mainloop.
>
> Thanks,
>  V. Seguí

  According to Michael we are in problems :-). It seems like we've
struck a strange problem here. He first suggested using
bonobo_debug_shutdown() which I did. It didn't work and it turned out
that the message was in fact printed somewhere in
bonobo_debug_shutdown().

He suggests groking in to ORBit to see what's happening, but I don't
have the expertise needed to look at it. I think it could be a memory
leak in eds that prevents it from shutting down correctly (since if I
don't use eds the printing disappears), but that's just a very wild
guess.

Should I submit a bug to see if someone more knowledgeable manages this out?

Yours

  V. Seguí