Re: [Evolution-hackers] Strange console messages when accessing e-d-s through the libecal C API.

On 8/23/05, Not Zed <notzed ximian com> wrote:

> You probably have to do more than g_type_init, e.g. bonobo_init.

Ok, I've included bonobo_init, but this alone doesn't seem to fix it.

> And then you need to run stuff from a mainloop.  I think that error is
> from bonobo or orbit or something related to it.
>
> In main, do something like:
>
>  g_idle_add(func, NULL);
>  bonobo_main();
>

> and in your idle function do something like:
>
> bool func(void *data)
> {
>

>         /* it's probably not called g_main_quit, look it up */
>         g_main_quit();
>         return FALSE;
> }

I'm afraid this can be problematic since this is supposed to be used
as a binding for ruby (*) and I see no easy way to run this within a
glib mainloop. Is the message just a warning that can be safely
ignored or does it have memory/security implications?

Thanks,
  V. Seguí

(*) http://rubyforge.org/projects/revolution/