Re: [Evolution-hackers] The Junk problem and IMAP

Hey Tim,

> -- Tim
> On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 20:07, Not Zed wrote:
> > Ok everyone, so how about this:
> >
> >  - we still have the global junk filter setting
> >  - we add 2 new settings to each imap account, which will appear next to
> > the
> >
> > [ ]  "Apply filters to new messages in INBOX on this server"
> > ->
> > [ ]  "Do not check incoming message for Junk"
> Just a personal preference but generally I think it's more intuitive
> when checking a checkbox to enables rather than disables a function.
>
> Couldn't we label the check box as "Check incoming messages for Junk"
> and have it "checked" by default.

Yeah this is actually how i did it in the end.  I did it as above
because that was how the existing code did it internally - i swapped the
sense of the flag.

I don't have it on by default because it requires extra external
dependencies which may not be available, but i suppose that's a
packaging issue.

> > [ ]  "Only check for Junk for new messages in INBOX"
> Would this be checked by default? The cause of slowness when copying
> messages may not be obvious, but junk mail in other folders would be.

I don't know, suggestions?