Re: [Evolution-hackers] Status of mail-refactor-2 branch todo

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 10:48, Dan Winship wrote:
> Something lots of people have probably either forgotten or never knew is
> that etable does let you have an unselected cursor position.

Yeah, I know it can, although I wonder if it would look a bit awkward to
just scroll and move the focus without selecting...

> Another possibility would be to just add a keybinding for "Select the
> first unread message/first new unread message in this folder", and just
> make sure that the focus ends up in the message list after selecting a
> folder. Then:

Yeah, the focus setting should definitely happen...  (At least when you
click with the mouse -- it wouldn't really work with the keyboard, of
course.)

As for the keybindings, isn't that what "]" already does (on a freshly
selected folder, with no messages selected)?  (And I don't think we can
distinguish between "new" and "unread" currently, can we?)

-- Ettore