Re: [Evolution-hackers] Initialization sequence

On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 14:04, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:

> Hmm this might be a bit overkill.  Although we might actually need the
> user to be able to specify what calendar his Evolution data gets moved
> to...
>
> Anna, what do you think?  What calendars / addressbooks should we put
> there by default?

My preference is to only have one calendar and one addressbook by
default. ("Calendar" and "Contacts", or some such.)

It seems to me that there is no reason to make Evo more complicated than
it needs to be. We don't ask the user which mail folders she wants to
create when she starts Evo -- why should we assume that users want a
different degree of control over their calendars, or contacts?

Now that said, we obviously do need a simple way for people to migrate
their old calendars into the new Evo... but I wonder: how many times
would a user migrating from an older version of Evo to 2.0 not simply
want to see the same calendar folders, with the same data within them,
as existed in his or her old version of Evo?

Can someone speak to this? Perhaps a believable usage case wherein this
would not be the desired behavior would be helpful..

Thanks.
Anna

--
Anna Marie Dirks <anna ximian com>