[Evolution-hackers] Initialization sequence

Right now the components on the new-ui-branch start up pretty much
blank, because no data is set up by default and the code doesn't use
~/evolution anymore.

So, we need to add the setup code for this.  For the mailer, it's
trivial -- we just add the standard Inbox, Outbox, Draft, Sent etc.
folders.  (Michael and Jeff, have you looked into this yet?)

But what about the calendar and the addressbook?  It sounds like we
might want to have at least a couple predefined folders, e.g. "Work" and
"Personal" or something like that?

Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

In any case, we need to add at least the following things to the
addressbook and the calendar in the short term so that people can use
them:

      * Initialization of the ESourceList; we need to create the "on
        this computer" node for the local sources, and add at least a
        default Calendar / Contacts / Tasks entry (until we figure out
        what to do with the default list).

      * A calendar/contacts/tasks "folder" creation dialog, invoked
        somewhere from File -> New.   (This needs UI design.  It should
        probably just have a dropdown with the list of the groups ("On
        this computer", "Exchange server"), an entry with the name of
        the folder, and Cancel/OK.)

      * A command to delete the selected folder.

[I am not sure we want to use the term "folder" anymore though.
Probably we should use the terms "calendar", "addressbook" and "task
list"?]

Who wants to implement the above?

--
Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>