Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: evo calendar mockup

> > * it would be really nice to have an ETable displaying the list of
> > appointments being shown, like mozilla-calendar does:
> >
> > http://primates.ximian.com/~rodrigo/shots/mozilla-calendar/event-list.png
> >
> > In your mockup, how would this fit? Could you add it please to see how
> > it would look?
>
> Hm, I wonder how useful this would actually be? I mean, isnt the
> calendar view the most useful to see your events in the timeline?

The list view is most useful when you're searching. Eg, if you search
for something, and there are 2 matches in 3 years worth of calendar
data, you don't want to have to scan all the way through the calendar to
find them.

It's also good for a summary view (like in the current Summary).

> Of course one can do a "list view" in addition to "day view" and "week
> view" etc.

Yeah, I think that makes sense.

> *** NOTE ***
> We also need to figure out how to define which calendar the event goes
> to, when you add a new one.

In iCal, the list of calendars has both checkboxes and a single selected
row. Newly-created events go into the selected calendar. (I think it
also restacks overlapping events so that the selected calendar's events
are on top.)

-- Dan