[Evolution-hackers] Re: [Fwd: Re: evo calendar mockup]

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 18:23, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> Yeah I think so.  My question is whether they can/should be themeable or
> not...  (I am completely ignorant of how the theme stuff works these
> days.)

If someone mentions "theme spec" or something along the lines I am ready
with the cluebat :-)

> > Or maybe we could allow the user to associate a color with the calendar
> > when he creates/subscribes it. Like mozilla-calendar:
> >
> > http://primates.ximian.com/~rodrigo/shots/mozilla-calendar/subscribe.png
>
> Hmm maybe that's a bit overkill though?
>
> I think at least for the first iteration we should just make it cycle
> through a predefined set of colors, since it makes for an easier
> implementation and less GUI to figure out.

Yea. I mean, the color tones need to be very subtle, nearly-gray anyway,
the idea is to have them be like the xchat nick coloring.

It *can* have the color changeable if we want, just have a color picker
widget in the "calendar properties" window if we want, but it is not
that important really. More important is to come up with a nice set of
pretty and subtle, yet distinct colors for it. Something that you dont
really want to tweak anyway, because it looks fine by default.

We'll look into the color set with Jakub.

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert ximian com>