Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: evo calendar mockup

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 13:37, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> * what would the 'X' button on the appointments little box do?

It would delete the event. Instead of Right click -> Delete event.

> * it would be really nice to have an ETable displaying the list of
> appointments being shown, like mozilla-calendar does:
>
> http://primates.ximian.com/~rodrigo/shots/mozilla-calendar/event-list.png
>
> In your mockup, how would this fit? Could you add it please to see how
> it would look?

Hm, I wonder how useful this would actually be? I mean, isnt the
calendar view the most useful to see your events in the timeline?

Of course one can do a "list view" in addition to "day view" and "week
view" etc. I think Palm pilots have this in their calendar.

But is it really more useful than a normal calendar view? I'd like to
hear why you find it useful to understand better, then it is easier to
think about ways to represent it in the UI as well.

> * also, as already noted, the categories are already identified by
> icons, so the folder bar should use icons instead of colors. Also, I
> find the categories there a bit redundant, since you can already filter
> by category in the search bar. Maybe we should just make the search bar
> allow users to filter by more than one category.
>
> Apart from this, it looks really nice.

Colors are per-calendar. "Movie premiers" calendar you imported would be
assigned some color, your default calendar is another color etc.

Because they will all be overlayed in the calendar view, it is useful to
have events from each calendar file be of the same color so you can tell
them apart by a glance. Looking for a company meeting? Easy when
"Evolution Team Calendar" on the intranet you imported has all its
events show as blue in your calendar. And your private calendar is
green, and "peoples birthdays" -calendar is yellow.

The categories are separate from this. And I am thinking, are anyone
really using the category icons much? I never do that. Are they useful?
Not doubting it, but I want to hear if a lot of people use them..?

*** NOTE ***
We also need to figure out how to define which calendar the event goes
to, when you add a new one. Maybe have a default one, and then a context
menu that lists all calendars you can write to as "Put event in... ->
list of calendars you have in your Evolution"

Tuomas

--
Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert ximian com>