Re: Evince 2.30.1 no longer restores previous session

Excerpts from Liviu Andronic's message of mié may 12 12:15:43 +0200 2010:
> Hello Carlos
> Thank you for your comments.
>
> On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Carlos Garcia Campos
> <carlosgc gnome org> wrote:
> >> Alternatively,
> >> would there be a way to manually restore a previous session? Or at
> >> least have access to a history list longer than five items?
> >
> > You can look at the recent file list and get more than 5 documents.
> >
> Unfortunately the "recent file list" can quickly get crowded with junk
> making it unsuitable to quickly finding the pdf files that I have been
> working with.
>
> But here's another idea that might make sense for Evince: why not
> implement the "tab concept" in Evince? I am not necessarily suggesting
> implementing tabs, which I assume would be time consuming. I'm more
> thinking about adding a "File > Quit" menu entry that would
> effectively address my original request. On "Close" Evince would close
> the current document. On "Quit" Evince will close all open documents,
> store the session info and restore when re-opening Evince.

I don't think Evince should store session info, because that's already
done by the session manager. We implemented it just as a workaround
for recovering all opened windows after an evince crash, but not as a
replacement of the existing session management system.

> Please let me know what you think. Regards
> Liviu

Regards,
--
Carlos Garcia Campos