Re: Evince 2.30.1 no longer restores previous session

Excerpts from Liviu Andronic's message of lun may 10 22:37:28 +0200 2010:
> On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 7:17 PM, Carlos Garcia Campos
> <carlosgc gnome org> wrote:
> > Yes, it doesn't restore the session when evince is killed because
> > killing one instance doesn't affect the others, but evince still
> > implements session management so if you have your desktop configured to
> > restore the session when log in, it should work.
> >
> Hmm, there is a nasty bug in the stable Xfce session manager that
> prompted me to disable the session management features. Is there a
> hard reason to prefer several evince instances (currently) to one
> (previously)?

Reliability and robustness are probably the main reason, but there are
more reasons in form of bugs: #583680, #434966, #497388, #524633,
#586087

> Could this be reverted in the future?

No, unless there's a good reason to do it, and my desktop session
manager is broken is not a good one.

> Alternatively,
> would there be a way to manually restore a previous session? Or at
> least have access to a history list longer than five items?

You can look at the recent file list and get more than 5 documents.

> Thank you
> Liviu

Regards,
--