Re: Why I don't use Epiphany(tm)

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for your feedback.

> * Web Developer Toolbar
>
> Since I create sites and design homepages this is a really essential
> tool for me. I would love to have it for Epiphany.

Let's get one thing straight here right away: the reason there's no Web
Developer Toolbar for Epiphany is not that the developers think there's
no demand for it (although web developers are not Epiphany's primary
audience). If someone ported the Firefox web developer extension, we
would be happy to include it. But with the limited manpower we have,
this simply doesn't have priority.

> * A seperate search field (in the style of Firefox and IE7)

You can already put smart bookmarks on any toolbar you like!

> I know that someone from the Epiphany team has said that mail doesn't
> have anything to do with Epiphany (or something like that). Same person
> also referred to Mail Notification,

Well, that might have been me. I concur with this opinion, in any
case. ;-)

> have a gmail-account which I use as my primary email and I'm involved
> with a few other projects which have chosen gmail for their mail,
> something that would be really nice is an easy way to handle all these
> accounts.

You should really be looking at Evolution for that. Enable POP mail
retrieval for those accounts and create corresponding mail accounts in
Evolution. That will give you more e-mail flexibility than Epiphany will
ever be able to provide.

> * More than one language spell-check

I'm looking into this, but don't hold your breath just yet.

> Now I just want a few things more so I can make the switch. So
> again, great job!

Thanks! Spread the word. :-)

regards,

--