Why I don't use Epiphany(tm)

Hi!

The title says it all but lets get things clear first. I think Epiphany
is a great browser and I want to use it as my main browser. But as the
title says I don't and here is my attempt to explain why and give you
guys (and gals?) some input.

* Web Developer Toolbar

Since I create sites and design homepages this is a really essential
tool for me. I would love to have it for Epiphany.

* A seperate search field (in the style of Firefox and IE7)

This is a minor thing. Have I understod it correctly if this feature is
reproducible if you create smart bookmarks and i.e. write "<smart
bookmark name> <search term> in the address bar? If that's correct I
think Epiphany should ship with some default smart bookmarks. For
instance i = imdb.com, g = google.com, w = wikipedia.org

* Google/Gmail integration

I know that someone from the Epiphany team has said that mail doesn't
have anything to do with Epiphany (or something like that). Same person
also referred to Mail Notification, I also use that program så it's not
that I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is essentialy an easy way
to manage Google-accounts. My martial arts club uses gmail (and I'm
heavily involved with it so I need to be able to check it's mail), I
have a gmail-account which I use as my primary email and I'm involved
with a few other projects which have chosen gmail for their mail,
something that would be really nice is an easy way to handle all these
accounts. If mail notification says that I have an e-mail it would be
great if I could choose my account and then be logged in on Google using
that and if I chose one of my projects it would be that account I was
logged in with. This could of course be extended to other services it
doesn't have to be just Googles.

* More than one language spell-check

This has been brought up earlier (and isn't that important to be honest)
but it would be great if it were possible to switch the language to
spell check in really easy (in Firefox it's really simple, I like that
approach but there might be better ways of course).

This is all I can think of for now and while researching the things I've
brought up here I noticed that you've added Filterset.G to the AdBlock,
great work!

This isn't any complaint och something like that. I really like Epiphany
and where you've taken it in the last year. I remember the first time I
tried Epiphany (that was a couple of years ago) and I thought that it
sucked. Now I just want a few things more so I can make the switch. So
again, great job!

--
Stefan Nitsche
stefan dreampond se