Re: Why I don't use Epiphany(tm)

* A seperate search field (in the style of Firefox and IE7)

I think that the single text entry (as opposed to separate location
and search text entries) is a deliberate design decision.

This is a minor thing. Have I understod it correctly if this feature is
reproducible if you create smart bookmarks and i.e. write "<smart
bookmark name> <search term> in the address bar? If that's correct I
think Epiphany should ship with some default smart bookmarks. For
instance i = imdb.com, g = google.com, w = wikipedia.org

Smart Bookmarks are available as the "Bookmark Shortcuts" extension:
http://live.gnome.org/Epiphany/ThirdPartyExtensions