Re: [epiphany] Re: Opening pdf files

Hi Matthew,

When you select "Open" the file is open from /tmp, so that's basically
the cache of your browser.

I don't find an external viewer uncomfortable, I even find it pretty
logical since when I open "report.pdf" on my home folder I see Evince,
so when I open "new-report.pdf" on www.reports.com I expect to see
Evince instead of another browser window.
I think that having PDF files open in the browser could make some
people think "so Epiphany is a browser or a all-seeing-app?". Of
course people that knew about browser plugins doesn't ask themselves
that.

That's my humble opinion, I think it's more friendly and consistent.

See ya :)

On 11/11/06, Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt myrealbox com> wrote:
On Nov 11, 2006, at 4:28 AM, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> Yes, and I've never really understood why people think that it's
> better to view a PDF in the browser than to open a dedicated viewer
> for it.

For the same reason that it's better to view an HTML page in the
browser than to open a dedicated viewer for it: fewer clicks required.

(For most of the PDFs I read, I have no interest in keeping them, so
saving a copy anywhere other than my browser cache is a waste of time.)

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/