Re: [epiphany] Re: Opening pdf files

Hello Keith,

2006/11/10, Keith Bates <keith new-life org au>:

Part of the about:plugins page from my machine:

Adobe Reader 7.0

    File name: nppdf.so

There you have the reason why Epiphany doesn't pass the PDF file to an
external viewer such as Evince. When you remove the Adobe Acrobat
Reader from you system then you'll be able to view any PDF file with
the viewer that is associated with it in GNOME.

    The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF
files from within the browser.

Yes, and I've never really understood why people think that it's
better to view a PDF in the browser than to open a dedicated viewer
for it.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen