Re: Opening pdf files

It works ok here. I've got the Save As/Cancel/Open dialog on any of the PDF files of this page. And if I choose Open, I opens in Evince.

I'm using GNOME Web Browser 2.16.1 and Evince 0.6.1 on Ubuntu 6.10.

On 11/10/06, Stefano Sabatini <stefano sabatini-lala poste it> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 10:38:34AM +0100, Diego Escalante had this epiphany:
> I have Epiphany configured to NOT automatically open downloaded files
> so I always get the "What do you want to do?" dialog. I must say
> that clicking Open ALWAYS works.
> Can you provide us specific urls where this happens? Maybe this is a bug.

For example look at this page:
http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/serfiles.htm

Clicking from this page on any pdf file link I get the blank page.
For example selecting this link:
http://www.ahrq.gov/clinic/uspstf05/aaascr/aaaser.pdf

I'm using epiphany 2.14.3.

> On 11/10/06, Stefano Sabatini <stefano sabatini-lala poste it> wrote:
> >On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 03:36:19PM +1100, Keith Bates had this epiphany:
> >> I've just been trying out epiphany but I'm having trouble opening pdf
> >> files (or more accurately getting a pdf reader to open them).
> >>
> >> When I click on a pdf link it opens a blamk page and that's all. How do
> >> I point epiphany to xpdf or whatever?
> >
> >I also have the same problem. The weird thing is that in some cases I
> >got called evince (the gnome official PDF reader), in other cases I get
> >the blank page.
> >Can someone explain this behaviour?

Cheers
--