Re: Looong freezes when watching google video

On 6/27/06, Reinout van Schouwen <reinouts gnome org> wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Dev Tugnait wrote:

> Flash videos etc and even just basic graphics always crash epiphany.
> Firefox doesn't stand a chance either. The only broswer that works
> flawless with flash for me is opera.

I think there must be something wrong with your system.

While I have experienced a Flash-induced crash once in a while, I
recently viewed some Google videos in Epiphany without any trouble and
most Flash pages are rendered fine.

Make sure you have the official Flash 7 plugin from Macromedia, stuff
like swfdec *will* crash your browser.

I don't have that kind of problems. :) I can view most movies fine, except the flash 8 ones - I do experience crashes, or rather lock-ups, but only upon unloading or closing the page, and not always.

Still wonder if caching/memory/whatever is done differently and it is to be expected that Epiphany might handle it poorly, or if it's something to do with my setup?

-- Stoffe

--
Kristoffer Lundén
kristoffer lunden gmail com