Looong freezes when watching google video

Hello,

just wondering: is there a difference in how Epiphany and Firefox loads and treats plugins such as flash? Reason I ask is that when I watch movies in say Google Video with Firefox I encounter no problems (apart from the frequent crashes of flash itself that I see in all browsers), but when I do the same in Epiphany it gobbles up a lot of memory and at interval more or less freezes the computer for up to 5-6 minutes, where I can move the mouse laggily and some things may move or happen... maybe. During this time the HD is working furiously so I assume it's some kind of swap going on.

Just wondering if it's due to the two programs doing this differently, or if it should be all Gecko and the same, in which case I think further investigation would be in order... :)

I'm running fully updated Ubuntu Dapper, with Epiphany 2.14.2.1, flash 7.0.63.3 and FF 1.5.0.4.

-- Stoffe

Kristoffer Lundén
kristoffer lunden gmail com
kristoffer lunden gamemaker nu