Re: A couple of new tab related extensions

ons, 28 06 2006 kl. 02:06 +0200, skrev Kristoffer Lund�
> I'm not completely comfortable with only the close button though,
> especially as I find it a bit hard to place. Do you think that it
> would be possible to add closing tabs on middle click, like in
> Firefox, to your extension? (Maybe want to turn of that scrolling on
> the wheel too, dunno. I'm just annoyed by it).

I don't want to add it to the same extension. So I have now made a new
extension that should do what you want. It is at
http://www.sstuhr.dk/epiphany-extensions/ like the others, "Middle Click
Tab Close". It disables scroll on the tab bar, too.

> All in all, just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate this, and
> hope this extension quickly makes it into main. Maybe with some simple
> preferences added, say close buttons or not, middle click closes and
> so on, it could probably be a lifesaver of many.

I don't know about preferences. I don't want to add too much to the UI,
I like it better when extensions do what I want without being in the
way. And I certainly wouldn't like it if every other extension added a
menu item for their separate preferences dialogs.

Maybe it should be possible to have preferences dialogs for loaded
extension, that could be opened from the extensions manager.

> Oh, and Gedit suffers from the same bug, maybe a little plugin for
> that too...? ;-)

While I do use gedit for text editing, I don't use it in the same way as
a web browser. I am not even sure I want to use such an extension for
gedit. And while gedit does support developing Python extensions, it's
not a thing I want to do currently.

> Many thanks,
>
> -- Stoffe

Stefan