Re: Post-1.10 location entry auto-completion

On Feb 23, 2006, at 11:49 PM, Peter Harvey wrote:
My Usability Argument:
In my screenshot I have typed "news". That is the only text I will type, and I will then use the cursor keys to select things. If it was an auto-complete widget then I *could* just continue typing until the
target item is within a decent "range". But I can't.

I think you should be able to. You should be able to type "news aus" and get The Australian, because you've given it the keyword "news" and it has "aus" in its name/URL. The word you were in the middle of typing would be treated as completable, while the words you'd already typed would be treated as filters and/or URL extracts. (So for example typing "slash games" would match <http://games.slashdot.org/> even if that bookmark had no keywords at all, because both "slash" and "games" are in the URL.)

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/