Re: Address bar searches (was: epiphany-list gnome org)

On 7 Sep, 2005, at 1:05 PM, Ryan Thiessen wrote:
I can see the logic in what you are saying.  Perhaps it would make the
most sense to throw everything with one word that contains a period to
the error page -- gnome.ort and gnemo.org would get that -- but
anything with a space or without a period that doesn't match a smart
bookmark could go to a web search instead.  It sounds complicated, but
it's really not.  Anything that looks like an URL would be loaded as
an URL; everything else is either a smart bookmark or web search.

In Google, a.b.c is equivalent to "a b c". I often use the a.b.c syntax when searching for phrases, because it requires four fewer key-presses.

--
Matthew Paul Thomas
http://mpt.net.nz/