Re: Browser Bookmarks Menu (Gnome Applet) 0.2

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 17:14 +1100, Peter Harvey wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 23:42 -0500, Adam Hooper wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 10:21 +1100, Peter Harvey wrote:
> > > Integration with e-d-s or similar would be perfect. Integrating with
> > > e-d-s might cause problems (if people don't want to use Evolution, why
> > > must people use e-d-s just to get bookmarks in Epiphany?).
> >
> > e-d-s isn't only for Evolution. It's badly-named, but it's intended to
> > be for all of GNOME (including, say, IM applications). So the question
> > then becomes, "Why must people use GNOME just to get bookmarks in
> > Epiphany?" And the answer is, IMO, "Who cares? Everyone who uses
> > Epiphany uses GNOME anyway."
> >
> > (I'm a big fan of dependency, the oft-misconstrued reason open-source
> > works.)
>
> Sounds fair. I think that starting writing this outside e-d-s (with a
> view to merging later) might be the best bet.

I should have mentioned this earlier, but here are two very interesting
links I bookmarked a while ago which should be looked over if designing
a bookmarks serving system:

http://nat.org/dashboard/gnome-idea.txt
http://zaheer.merali.org/index.php?p=82

--