Re: Browser Bookmarks Menu (Gnome Applet) 0.2

Reinout van Schouwen wrote:
> Interesting. Are you proposing this applet
> for GNOME 2.10?

I wasn't intending to.  I seem to have announced
it at the same time as a whole lot of discussion
on Gnome 2.10 modules is taking place, though.

Also, it is written in Python / PyGtk, which seems
to be quite topical too.  :)

Peter Harvey wrote:
>The core of my code is:
>  * ephy-nodes-cover
>  * ephy-bookmarks-menu

I haven't used any Epiphany code - I just wrote
a quick'n'dirty parser of the XML sitting in
.gnome2/epiphany/bookmarks.rdf.  I'm not sure if
I'm doing it properly (my preferred browser is
Firefox), but it works for me.

> Nigel: Are you using GtkUIManager?

Not that I'm aware of.  Just PyGtk.

>Can you send me a link to the code?

Source tarball (GPL):
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=122136&package_id=133931&release_id=279424

Screenshot:
http://browserbookapp.sourceforge.net/screenshot-0.1.png

Announcements to desktop-devel-list
http://lists.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-October/msg00408.html
http://lists.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2004-November/msg00023.html

> What I would like is having the bookmarks
> system of Epiphany separated out as a CORBA
> object to be shared by applets/browsers/etc.

Or ideally a freedesktop.org bookmarks standard!?

cheers,
Nigel.

--
This message was sent with an unlicensed evaluation version of
Novell NetMail. Please see http://www.netmail.com/ for details.