Re: Download manager replacing

On Thu, 2004-07-08 at 19:04, Xan Lopez wrote:
> Well, yes, but the whole point is not to need an extension to do it, so
> we could use an external app (and not epiphany code) to manage downloads
> by default. Ideally that app (GNOME downloader?) would handle any
> download happening anywhere in the desktop.
> If this makes sense or not, it's another question :)

There are two issues with that approach:

1 There is not a GNOME downloader or something to configure it
2 I think no available downloader can just work for all types of
downloads (authentication etc...)

With these two fixed, I agree that would be the better approach. But in
current world I think it's just better for the downloader package to
ship an ephy plugin.

Marco