Re: Epiphany 1.3.2

Hi Marco,

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> Well, it's a tradeoff. I think appending at the end is the intuitive
> behavior (I actually did a mini test on this and everyone I asked was
> expecting to have the tab added at the end). Personally the few times I

If indeed user testing shows this is the more intuitive/less confusing
behaviour, I will swallow my protest. But I would like to know if the
people you asked had used Mozilla, Firefox or Opera before so that they
might have grown an expectation.

Also there might be a slight difference caused by phrasing, where people
*expect* something to be is not always the same as where they'd *like*
the tab to be added.

> What we are losing in the tradeoff is the ability to create subgroups of
> tabs, but is that such a common use case ? You can already create
> multiple groups of tabs using windows...

I don't really create subgroups. I just like the fact that tabs I've
opened from a certain page are always the first to appear when I move
one to the right!

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			Artificial Intelligence student
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778