Re: [Epiphany] Cache preferences

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 12:43, Christian Rose wrote:

> In those cases, wouldn't overriding the cached results by for example
> pressing Shift+Reload be sufficient?

I'd forgotten about that. Yes, as long as shift+reload works properly. I
was getting confused by my experiences with other browsers (as a web
developer I *have* to test sites in IE) where nothing short of clearing
the cache will do the trick.

> I'm not convinced that a general "clear all cache" mechanism is needed
> in the interface, since this can be done on such a case by case basis
> anyway.

Yep. I think you're right. In which case perhaps there isn't any need
for any user visible cache settings at all.

I'm not sure about cookies. I personally find a cookie manager useful,
but could live without it if it was decided that the target user base of
Epiphany doesn't need such a thing.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com