Re: [Epiphany] Cache preferences

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 12:14, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 12:08, Alisdair McDiarmid wrote:

Definitely.

> > > About clear, yeah it's useful. Ihmo we should merge Clear disk and Clear
> > > memory too. I ever click them both, anyone know of a reason to not do it?

I agree. I also agree that clearing the cache is pretty much all the
user should need to do to it - I think Epiphany should smartly determine
how to set the cache itself.

> > How about combining this with clearing all cookies/saved personal
> > information, and calling it `Reset Epiphany' as in Safari? I can't
> > think of any reason someone would want to clear one of these
> > settings and not the others.
>
> I like the idea in general. Phoenix allow both resetting everything and
> resetting parts in the same place, not sure if that's overkill.

I wouldn't want my cookies cleared along with the cache. I bookmark many
sites that give listings information (cinema, theatre, etc.), personal
banking etc, all of which remember bits of personal info via cookies.
Now I may want to clear the cache, if for some reason I think that I'm
not getting the most up-to-date information, or if the site has been
redesigned and the site isn't working correctly because of some cached
stylesheets or javascript files. Clearing the cache is very useful in
those cases, but I would feel pretty annoyed if I then discovered that
Epiphany had deleted all my cookies as well.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren@dzr-web.com          www.dzr-web.com