Re: [Epiphany] Cache preferences

Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpeseng@tin.it> writes:

> So we are a bit unsure about the usefulness of cache preferences.

None really that I can see for the target audience we are aiming for ...

> Why one would choose something other than automatic ?

I don't think they would (As long as automatic really is "automatic" and
not "hardcoded value irrespective of the amount of free disk space/memory
there is available").

> Is it useful to have a way to disable the cache ? (in which contexts).

I wouldn't think so - but I do think it is useful to be able to clear
the cache.

IMHO we should on application startup detect the available memory/disk
and set the value accordingly.

My 2p.

Lee
--