Re: [Epiphany] Cache preferences

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 10:45, Lee Willis wrote:
> Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpeseng@tin.it> writes:
>
> > So we are a bit unsure about the usefulness of cache preferences.
>
> None really that I can see for the target audience we are aiming for ...
>
> > Why one would choose something other than automatic ?
>
> I don't think they would (As long as automatic really is "automatic" and
> not "hardcoded value irrespective of the amount of free disk space/memory
> there is available").
>
> > Is it useful to have a way to disable the cache ? (in which contexts).
>
> I wouldn't think so - but I do think it is useful to be able to clear
> the cache.
>
> IMHO we should on application startup detect the available memory/disk
> and set the value accordingly.

I should have made clear that I was talking of:

Once per session
Every time
Never
Automatically

Make sizing automatic is an interesting idea, but I think it's a step
further.

About clear, yeah it's useful. Ihmo we should merge Clear disk and Clear
memory too. I ever click them both, anyone know of a reason to not do it
?

Marco