Re: [Epiphany] More Topic/Keyword/Folder madness! Oh, no!

tor, 2003-03-13 kl. 13:57 skrev Erik:
> .. This
> idea that they are hard to use, or people don't use them, is absurd. Sorry.

In my experience, most people do not use sub<anythings> if they don't
have to.

I'm in the process of hacking my own gnome foot menu together, just so I
don't have to deal with submenus in it.
Most people I know either save all files straight onto the desktop, or
at most put a folder called "Stuff" on the desktop and store everything
there.
I have 3 folders on my desktop: Media, Random Crap, and Web Site.
Inside those there is no folder heirarchy.

I've only seen one person who sorted anything in his bookmarks menu
He had a folder for every letter of the alphabet, and put bookmarks into
the folder depending on what letter the hostname started with.

Its not IMO that people don't understand them, but that half time it is
annoying to sort stuff into folders, and to keep the folders sorted.

> Check out the View->Encoding->submenus in Epiphany! What to do, what to do..

Thats not a menu that people are going to be accessing very often.

iain