Re: [Epiphany] Popups blocking

As a default setting its potentially hazardous to the user to block
popups. I don't really know how often they are used for legitimate
things, but I do know of some important cases where you couldn't use a
service without allowing popups (e.g. where they ask you to select media
format or something for videos). On the other hand, *most* popups are
annoying to the user. So a good solution would make popups less annoying
while still presenting them in case they are important.

I suggest that what makes popups annoying is not that they take up space
(which they do, but we tolerate in-page advertisement much better) but
that they force us to close them (either before we read the content or
after, both are annoying). A halfway step between allowing popups and
blocking them would be to present them in a way such that they didn't
have to be closed.

<random ideas....>

Is it possible to somehow close popups when the window they are
associated with closes? Or something like that? Just talking out of my
arse here ;-)

Another idea would be to have a "Popup Navigator" that contains little
thumbnailed snapshots of popup windows which can be "activated" by
clicking on them. If it were a little button or something activatable in
the status bar, it could possibly flash once when a new popup appeared.

Dunno. Anyway, just some random ideas.

-Seth