Re: [Epiphany] Popups blocking

On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 12:18, Reinout van Schouwen wrote:

> I haven't used Phoenix, but I've used Mozilla + prefbar and Galeon. The
> most pressing problem with popup blocking, to my mind, is that no visual
> cue is given when the browser indeed blocks a popup. When I've got
> blocking enabled, and I land on a site which seems to malfunction, I can
> try again with blocking disabled and see if that helps.
> I imagine a small widget in the browsers' status bar that would shortly
> flash a red light (or whatever 'warning color' the locale knows) when a
> popup is blocked. When clicked upon, it could show a window allowing to
> change the popup preference for the current URL.

This sounds pretty good - it needs to be eye catching to end users, but
without being overly obnoxious.  Maybe a quick once-through loop
animation followed by a static image?  This way you'd grab their eye for
a moment, but it wouldn't continue to bug people. ( <blink> tag,
anyone?)

 - jck

--
Jens Knutson <jensknutson@yahoo.com>