Re: community input..

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 8:00 PM, Christian Hergert <christian hergert me> wrote:
We need more contributors to GNOME that aren't burdened by being knee deep in code every day. We need people focusing on the product road-map. That requires user feedback, analyzing bug velocity and common issues, helping developers prioritize while maintaining the product vision, and responsibility for the quality of the end product.

This is an idea worth exploring. It certainly opens avenues for people to contribute who aren't software developers.

There are endless arguments at companies about how to do this. Do you have specialized teams by role (ie: "design team" or "QA team") or a representative of each product performing these roles (or a hybrid).

Could we run an experiment on a specific project and see how it goes? For example with Builder, what function do you feel is lacking the most?

~link