Re: community input..

Totally agree.

There are some users (like me) used to do project management and testing (I do professionally, in an open source based company), but with no programming skills,  ready to work for GNOME but didn't get the chance as there are no tools ready for that.

In my humble opinion project GNOME should be able to find a way to listen more to the community. Believe me, I tried before and it's extremely frustrating. I could be an active collaborator by now, but every time I tried, it looked almost like I was bothering developers, something that never happened in other open source projects.

Most of that users are actually gone to other projects like Elementary, Budgie, Mate, Cinnamon, etc... GNOME still is my favorite desktop, would be amazing if it could find a way to make a huge community, not just developers, also designers, testers, translators and final users giving feedback.

Just my opinion.

Cheers,