Re: Friends of GNOME - round three!

Rosanna Yuen <zana gnome org> wrote:
How many requests did we get for this feature? Do we have any stats
for annual vs monthy donations?

That's a good question.  I'll download a year's worth of data and see if I
can figure that out.

Thanks Rosanna! The main thing is to try and characterise annual
subscriptions, although it might be difficult to do this if there
aren't very many of them (and hard to generalise the findings also).

 People who work at
companies who do donor matching don't want to or can't go through that
rigmarole more than once a year.

Can you explain that a little more? Donor matching requires that
paperwork be done for every donation?

I have never done this myself; maybe someone who has employee matching at
their company could get the details?  Filling out paperwork for every
donation would be best case scenario.  It may also be they only allow one
filing per year as well.

I've done a bit of digging on the Red Hat side, but haven't managed to
come up with much more than the document that Alexandre already linked
to. Everything I've seen suggests that donation matching is for one
off donations rather than reoccurring ones but maybe that varies
according to organisation.